Monday, December 9, 2013

My Plunge Into the World of Implant Dentures


Bad teeth seem to run in my family. Both my grandparents on my father's side wore dentures. My dad was always in and out of the dentist office for various reasons and eventually ended up with dentures too. So, it was no surprise to me when I began to have problems with my teeth. At first I was horrified, I was only in my thirties and in my eyes, nowhere near old enough to need dentures. I have a career and kids, and as a woman, I don't want to walk around with large gaps in my mouth.

 all on 4 austin dental implant center

When I spoke to my dentist, he was very understanding and explained several different choices to me. There were several different oral surgery procedures available but after discussing the situation with my husband we both agreed that I should get something that wasn't overly invasive, looked nice and that I would be comfortable with.

 austin oral surgery dental implant center

I chose to do dental implants in Austin. Implant dentures are a step up from regular dentures. Once they are implanted, they do not come out. My dentist explained that they are very similar to real teeth. They are implanted into your gums using screws. The tooth is then set on the screw and functions like a normal tooth would. They never need to be removed and it makes cleaning them easier. These were great as I only needed a few teeth implanted at the time. However, if I needed more, it would be easy to get more in the future.

 dental implants austin

The day of my procedure I was nervous. During the procedure, they use oral conscious sedation. Sedation and needles are one of my fears. I am the person that passes out after getting a shot or can't relax when that suffocating mask is strapped to my face. The dentist was very accommodating to my fears and helped to talk me through the entire process as we got started. I was extremely thankful for his understanding and the extra time he took to make sure I was comfortable with the procedure.

 oral conscious sedation austin dental implant center

Austin oral surgery was the best decision I could have made given the circumstances of the situation. The staff was professional and knowledgeable. The procedure itself was nowhere near as bad as I imagined it to be. The pain afterwards was minimal and definitely manageable. I can smile confidently and feel at ease with my appearance all thanks to the dental implants that I received.

all on 4 austin dental implant center

For anyone that is in a similar situation, I urge you to speak to your dentists about implants. They are new and much better than dentures. They are stronger and less likely to need replaced and the best thing in my eyes is that they don't need to be removed. If you want teeth in a day, I suggest looking into getting implants. No one wants to lose their teeth, but sometimes it happens, and I know that if I had to make the choice again I would choose the implants every time.

teeth in a day austin dental implant center

No comments:

Post a Comment